Sorry, this workshop is over.
Please visit my SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS page for upcoming workshops.
Saturday, September 20, 2014
1 day workshop
BROOKLYN, NY - Hosted by My Time Inc.
Canarsie Reformed Community Churcy - 1155 East 93 Street (Corner of Conklin Avenue)
- Establish rapport with unwilling learners
- Expand a child’s interests and activities
- Utilize criterion-referenced assessment to target developmentally-appropriate IEP goals
- Teach functional communication skills to vocal and non-vocal children
- Engage children in meaningful social situations with their peers
- Expand language repertoires during individual and group natural environment teaching (NET) activities
- Utilize research-based teaching procedures to establish and maintain instructional control during discrete trial training (DTT)
- Implement reinforcement-based approaches that reduce problem behavior
- Develop effective schedules that maximize learning opportunities and eliminate down-time